Divinity programs of Study
college of Divinity
The degrees offered in Divinity are awarded to students completing 64 credit hours for Associate of Arts; an additional 64 credit hours for Bachelor of Arts; 48 Credit hours for Master and 68 Credit Hours for Doctorate. This program is designed to combine the core classes’ electives, and special topics with the general requirement for completion of each degree study.
The objectives of these programs are basic to the institution’s general purpose and philosophy, and are in keeping with the objectives of the particular concentration. Specifically, these programs of study enable students to:
1. Demonstrate a general knowledge of the Bible, including a comprehensive
understanding of the major books on Human Services
2. Develop an understanding of the underlying principles of Biblical
3. Apply correct biblical principles in decision making and personal Christian
4. Make effective use of the Bible in a particular ministry of general Christian
5. Develop a understanding of the historical application Human Services of
religion in America and elsewhere;
6. Develop a working knowledge of various manuscripts and translation of
7. Achieve skills in research methodology and preparation of major research
The prerequisite for enrollment in the Associate of Divinity is a GED or High School Diploma. For enrollment in the Bachelor of divinity is in earned Associate of Divinity. For enrollment in the Master of Divinity is an earned degree in Bachelor of Divinity. For enrollment in the Doctor of Divinity is an earned degree in Master of Divinity. These prerequisites should include a minimum of 19 credit hours in Bible.